1) Institutions and communities that want to become data providers
If you manage data about people, organizations and projects in agriculture and you want to contribute these data to AgriVIVO, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is needed is a machine-readable export of your data (CSV and Json are the currently accepted formats) containing at least a few essential "fields": first name, last name, country (ISO code possibly) and affiliation for people (expertise is also recommended); name and country for organizations (area of work and type of Institution are also recommended)..
We will soon publish detailed guidelines on how to provide data to AgriVIVO.
2) Individual institutions and experts that want to be included in the AgriVIVO database
If you don't find your institution listed in the AgriVIVO database and you want it to be included, you can do one of the following::
- if a record about your institution is already in an existing database, you can inquire with the owners of the database and see if they would be willing to contribute their data to AgriVIVO;
- you can browse the current data sources that provide data about institutions, identify one where your institution would fit (because of geographic or thematic scope, or institution type) and have your institution registered wiht them.
If you don't find your personal profile listed in the AgriVIVO database and you want it to be included, you can do one of the following:
- if you belong to an online community that manages people's profiles, or data about you is already in some database (your institution's HR database, an association's database etc.), you can inquire with the owners of the community / database and see if they would be willing to contribute their data to AgriVIVO, in which case they can contact us and agree on a procedure to share their data; once their data are in AgriVIVO, also your profile will be there;
- you can become a member of one of the communities that provide data to AgriVIVO.
Please note that data are not synchronized in real time with the data sources, so information that has been updated in the source may not be up to date in AgriVIVO until the source is harvested again.
Data are imported from sources at regular intervals. These intervals may be different from source to source.